Relieving the stigma of interaction on public transport.

ViaVan Trip

ViaVan Trip.


What's up guys, this morning I decided to take a ViaVan to work rather than TFL, to help with some of our intervention work. Usually if I do travel anywhere i'm more of an TFL user, so I was curious to see how this differed from public transport. Straight away there was a problem booking it because the drivers can only pick you up from certain areas in London. For the driver to pick me up I had to walk about 5 minutes from my house to the nearest pick up point. To be honest this felt very inconvenient as the closest bus stop to me is literally outside my house. 
As soon as I got into the ViaVan I was curious to why my driver chose ViaVan over the popular Uber or even being a bus driver and whether they offered anything to entice drivers. When I asked these questions, the driver told me that the reason why he joined was that drivers were guaranteed £300 for their first 10 pick ups. I then asked him whether he liked to engage with riders, with which he replied it did not really bother him as he did not want to intrude if people were shy. He also told me that he did not want to work for TFL because of the strict schedule and with ViaVan he felt like his own boss.

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Intervention

Our group have had many discussions in the workshop throwing out ideas at both ends of the spectrum of the conservative and the ridiculous!...

Search This Blog

Translate